Last Updated: October 23, 2017
Agility Holdings Inc and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Agility” or “we”) respect your preferences concerning the collection and use of your personal data. Our goal is to deliver content targeted to the industry in which you work, the products you use, the role you play in your organization, and your specific preferences. In order to provide you with relevant information, fulfill your specific requests, and enhance your experience across the www.agility.com (website), we will at times collect information or request personal information from you.
This Policy describes how we collect information on the website, how we use information collected from the Website, with whom we may share it, and what choices you may have. We are a global corporation, with operations in over 100 countries and our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate as local practices or regulations may require.
We have several data centers globally, however, we will transfer information provided by individuals to the appropriate Agility office, distributor, or consultant to deliver the service or information requested by the individual. This information may be made available to authorized Agility users and Agility subcontractors or service providers across our global offices that require access to the information for business purposes.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES AGILITY COLLECT AND HOW DO YOU COLLECT IT?
The information collected and how it is used will vary across the website. Users can visit most areas of the website without revealing who they are, or providing any information about themselves. However, Agility may receive data from you as part of the communication itself– the standard electronic greeting between your computer, the network, and our servers. This information often consists of network routing (where you came from), equipment information (browser type), date, and time. At this time, our server will also query your computer to see if there are “cookies” previously set by Agility.com to facilitate log in, or other site navigation procedures.
• IP Addresses: We collect IP addresses and domain name information for system administration, security, and statistical analysis purposes. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer whenever it is connected to the Internet. We log these addresses and analyze them to understand where requests originate, so that we can provide the most efficient service, enhance security, ensure appropriate usage, and produce traffic volume statistics.
• Customer Identifiable Information: We retain information about customers as necessary for business purposes and as required by government regulation. We also collect personal information from users of the website, through registration screens, online forms, from online sales inquiries, or in e-mails that users send us. Personal information may include name, title, company, address, phone number, e-mail address, and the like.
• Cookies: Cookies are unique identifiers that we share with your device to enable our system to recognize your computer and preferences on return visits to our website. The information collected from cookies is tracked to improve the functionality of the website by facilitating navigation, and increasing the relevance of content. In the future, as we enable further customization of the website, cookies will help us in assuring that information provided to you will be the most relevant to your needs. Cookies on the site may collect the following information: a unique identifier, user preferences and profile information used to personalize the content that is shown. While we do not offer an opt out on the website, the “Help” function on most browsers will tell you how to receive alerts when cookies are being used and how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies.
• Pixel Technologies: We may also use embedded pixel technologies to help track site usage. The site usage information collected by these technologies is associated with cookies and may provide personally identifiable information about site use by registered users of www.agility.com. This information is used to evaluate site content, navigability and composition as well as page response rates.
HOW DOES AGILITY USE THE DATA COLLECTED?
Agility may use the information in several ways, including:
• To engage in transactions or communications. Name, address, e-mail, shipment details, and credit card/payment information may be collected and stored as part of the transaction history. The majority of the information collected under this category is business contact information. We may need to share some of this information (address, payment) with delivery services, credit card clearing houses and other similarly situated third parties that are required to accomplish the transaction. We also use this information to respond to inquiries about the tracking of packages.
• To ensure adequate shipment and delivery of shipment. We receive and collect information about individuals who are the sender or recipient of shipments. This information is provided to us by the person or entity who orders or arranges for the shipment. If you are such an entity, and provide us with personal information of a third party, you represent and warrant to Agility that you have obtained all necessary consents for the processing of such personal information contemplated by the shipment, including the transfer of such data to the United States or other countries whose laws may not provide the same level of protection for the personal data as the laws of the country of origin of such individual.
• To better respond to requests for quotes for services. Agility will pass contact information to the appropriate Agility sales person or consultant for follow-up related to your request.
• To provide future service and support. Information collected for this purpose is both contact information and information related to services requested. This information is also used to provide service update, and similar notices.
• To select content. Information may be collected to help create website content and navigation that is most relevant and user friendly. This includes information collected as a result of site navigation as well as information provided in forms.
• To better tailor marketing to user needs. We may use information to provide you with notices of service developments that may address your needs. Marketing notices are subject to the general opt-out elections.
• To power joint sales or product promotions. Agility and its partners may engage in joint events or provide bundled products. Such promotions will always reference the partners involved. Both Agility and the partner(s) will have access to that information. While we carefully choose our partners, privacy is a very subjective concern and we advise you to review the privacy policies of these partners.
• To promote our services. With approval, we may also send information to registered users about Agility products, services, and system changes that we think may be of interest. We allow users to choose to discontinue (opt-out) from receiving information from Agility at any time.
• To meet regulatory obligations. As a result of legal requirements. Agility may be required to provide personally identifiable information to comply with legally mandated reporting, disclosure, or other legal process requirements.
If you are in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, we use your personal information only for the purposes indicated in this policy unless we have a legal basis, such as consent, to use it for other purposes. Where required by law, Agility obtains your prior opt-in consent at the time of collection for the processing of (i) personal information for marketing purposes and (ii) personal information deemed sensitive pursuant to applicable law.
DOES AGILITY SHARE MY INFORMATION WITH OTHERS?
As we collect and use information about our customers, we may contract with vendors to assist us in processing that information. These vendors are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are restricted from using the information for any purpose other than helping to provide Agility services to our customers. We also reserve the right to transfer or disclose identifiable information to third parties in connection to the sale or proposed sale of any of our subsidiaries or affiliates, or of any division or part of Agility
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
We only share information with selected companies after providing users with ability to either opt-out of, or opt-in to the sharing. There are limitations to such opt-outs/opt-ins: in the case of joint sales or joint events where the information goes to both Agility and the other party at the same time, where the customer has requested follow up which involves Agility partners, and as needed with third parties required to accomplish the transaction, including delivery and credit card clearing services. As we further develop our preference tools we will endeavor to have our partners join in their use to provide the user with a more seamless and streamlined environment.
• Opt-out of email marketing. We recognize that users may not wish to be contacted about new or related services. Our website allows you to opt-out of e-mail marketing that may result from use of the site. These choices may be made as part of the registration process or from links in marketing mailings. However, there are a few limited exceptions to the opt-out for certain communications, such as communications related to a shipment, or with respect to a pricing inquiry.
• Third party opt-in lists. On occasion, we may use a third party opt-in list. These are lists maintained by third parties that have received permission (opt-ins) from their users to receive e-mails from other companies. We do not have access to the names on these lists, as the third party that has the direct relationship with customers maintains the list and the opt-outs, removes, and unsubscribes to those lists. We request from the list owners that we use to identify themselves as the mailers of the e-mail and provide appropriate opt-out mechanisms. While we advise users to avail themselves of the opt-out functionality provided in the particular e-mail, should users have trouble opting out, or should they wish to make us aware of any issues related to the mailing, they may contact us directly at any of the addresses provided below.
• Unsubsribe. If we share information via newsletters or promotional emails, we will include an “unsubscribe” link in each electronic communication so that you can advise us whether you wish to continue receiving such communications going forward.
• EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy. If you are in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you may direct us not to share your personal information with third parties, except (i) with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf, (ii) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets, (iii) if disclosure is required by law or legal process, (iv) with law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (v) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or other illegal activity.
HOW DOES AGILITY PROTECT MY INFORMATION?
Agility has in place generally accepted information security techniques to prevent unauthorized access to information we collect. These measures include policies, procedures, firewalls, access control procedures and cryptography, and technical elements relating to data access controls
ARE CHILDREN PERMITTED TO USE AGILITY.COM?
Agility does not intend for children under the age of 13 without a parent or guardian’s permission and do not knowingly collect personal information from children the age of 13 without such permission. If you believe a that a child has submitted personally identifiable information through our website without appropriate permission, please contact us using the information below.
WHAT ABOUT OTHER WEBSITES?
Agility.com provides links to external sites as a convenience to the user. The inclusion of any link does not imply Agility endorsement of the external site company, its website, or the products and services it promotes and sells. These sites are provided as a convenience and are beyond our control. Agility is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. You are advised to check the privacy policies of those sites before providing your personal information to them.
HOW CAN I CONTACT AGILITY.COM IF I NEED MORE INFORMATION?
If you believe you have mistakenly received information after opting-out or if you would like to opt-out of receiving information and have any trouble using other mechanisms we provide elsewhere, please contact us at [email protected].
© Copyright 2018 Agility Holdings Inc. All Rights Reserved.