Agility Emerging Markets Logistics Index 2017

Strategies for Sub-Saharan Africa

Survey question: Which of the following statements best reflects your strategy in sub-Saharan Africa?

Nearly one quarter (24.9%) of those surveyed indicated they do not, and do not plan to, operate in sub-Saharan Africa, a rise of 4.7pp year-on-year. This, combined with the 24.5% of those that stated they had no immediate plans to enter the region, put the total of survey respondents that suggested the region does not fit with their future plans at 49.4%.

Still, that leaves more than half of all survey respondents with either established operations in the region, or with the intention to begin operations in the near-term, with around one fifth of the total (19.5%) looking to expand, suggesting, in contrast to other respondents, opportunities are readily available to those with direct experience of the market.

To read the Emerging Market 2017 full report, click here.​

Sources: Transport Intelligence